- Know the time and place of the interview and the interviewer’s full name and title.
- Ensure that you fully understand the job description of the position for which you are interviewing.
- Plan to be 15 minutes early in anticipation of traffic problems or other unanticipated delays.Also, know where you’re going. If possible acquaint yourself with the route. Late arrival for a job interview is never excusable.
- Dress professionally (i.e. proper business attire).
- If presented with an application, fill out neatly and completely.
- Ensure to shake the interviewer’s hand firmly.
- Speak slowly and clearly. Don’t rush the answers.
- Stress accomplishments.
- Ensure to answer every question fully and honestly.
- Don’t jump ahead or give more information than is required. Pay attention to “cutoff” cues.
- Ensure you are consistent in your answers throughout all interviews.
- Don’t answer with a simple “Yes” or “No”. Explain answers whenever possible.
- Avoid saying anything negative about present or previous employers or co-workers.
- Ask questions to show interest in the Company and the position.
- Ensure that they know you are interested in the position; never close the door on an opportunity.
- Look alert and interested at all times and look the interviewer in the eye.
- Relax, smile and have a positive attitude. Give the appearance of energy as you.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Labels: HR Interview